Pages

26 March 2012

Brixton Tower

photo: Gillian Wearing

What magical everies survive
This mad glitch, a house of
Krazies: losing your last cigarette
And being precious,
Finding loopholes in the fabric of space time
Where, is my pause when, is my
Cause
So many looks so silent so withdrawn.
If this is my reflection
Without sympathetic applause,
Must mean surety (don get none).
Big words spelled for me
Deep down in the blood of the sticky streets.
Well, welcome home to this!
So heavy so caught in handwriting writmess
I’ll find something paper tape pens
Userfriendlylibrary paint board nails
1-way mirrors.  Yeah, yeah I know it’s
Weird for me to be here too...
Just go with it.
Start thinking ahead now,
It’s that fresh smell of coffee.

see Nuclear Winter
A Golden Christ, sharp,
Hold me in here;
I plant new life for the Spring to move along
Its mellow way.
Cruising the suburbs in search of my Tower
Motor clashes suddenly loud in the day,
Crashing under the wooden floors
And echoing my loneliness in the night.
To get up and answer when I hear a good call,
This be precious alone time in glorious lasting
Coloured sunlight,
Just put some music on any old music will do -
Wonders
Make the veil of life transparent to see through
To the path,
That mesh of parallel universe existence in vacuum
I could fall through at any time
Delicate, so delicate
(but elastic) these frames,
This interlocking interconnected net of light
A trampoline
A space warp
And it hurts so bad
CLANK


see Self Made by Gillian Wearing
 

No comments:

Post a Comment