Pages

27 October 2011

The Sprites Of The Lightning


Things don’t just go away
Disappear
Each moment is a nothingness
Filled with doing or being
Creation or destruction
Of a breath.
A static, a forest of soft dark songs,
Mud, when cleared away to reveal mud
Was once covered in poisonous plastic.

I saw a trio of fish eagles soaring high
Above a river:
What a storyline, what a drumbeat
A human soul heavy with anguish, despair and
Confusion is a deluge dangerously lingering
Making gentle ocean lilies floating through
The Innocent Skye
Seem guilty with some unseen fantastical fault.
They are hoping for another future,
One that must start with water again
And light
And dark
And rise no more from the Earth.
Until then, and after,
We are a trio of flying thoughts
Searching for a reason to come back down.
I have caught myself once more.
I may have found a reason.
The Sprites of the Lightning - roadtrip sketch 2009

Lost love now so close, so
Just down the road
I’m wrapped up so close, so
Tight, so controlled.
Can’t keep my mind still, so
Trying to find at least that my mind is still
(I can’t keep it still)

Before it is mentioned I would like to say
I am sick of a certain something
I often like to think
It is me.
I smell chemicals sometimes and other twisted things
Hold all this negativity that is mostly not mine
To keep anyone else from ever feeling bad
Done it for so long, so
Forgotten
And now for a re-membering
The vision of the fearless eyes of the child inside.
They come out to spook me at night.

I hope you are safe inside.
And there will be no end to it, I tell you
One and all.
It’s wonderful, delicious, so
Decadent to slide back to beginning
The left hand side
To push against in order to survive
In a Right Hand World that pulls everything
Too tight.
Portal Key

My old friends
Are you there? Spirits who know me,
You see into my blood.
Can you guide me through
This flowered thorn bush, wild and driven?

Upside-down Latin, these are my only modes
I speak inside.
I seek to form words that speak.
I have much respect, and fear.
I know not what to do
But I trust there is a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment