Pages

21 December 2011

First Mistake of the Day

A set of verse written over a period of a few days in 2008 while doing research on the pro's and con's of genetically modified foods.
___________________________________

1. FIRST MISTAKE OF THE DAY

I am
My sister’s
Sister
A story sung
Was once heavy laundry

A catching
A Krazi
Learning
Here –
Take this,
See what you make of it

3 ~ a work time for fun
And play to live
Sleep breathing comes
And I remember
A silent moment to rethink
Realign from feeling the Bad
Give Good when I can

__________________________


2. NOT THIS TIME, GOLDEN RICE!

Mercury in Jupiter and the moon in Cancer
In one reading:
A game of
How to be open
Listen
Then let go –

An island in the ocean
On a chocolate wrapper
Is my companion
As I sit up, share
Try to talk to you

I felt so small then
So small and left behind
Not even missed
But chastised
Slammed on the wrists
For being quirky me
For really just
Meing my quasar being

Far, far, far too deep
As my attempt occurred
It came from the home base
Of
Where?
So, I thank you
I say thank you, once again
For reacting with reason
In your retribution

I say
Fine
Well
That’s ok
And I’m fine
Thank you
I’m fine.  I’m fine.  I’m fine
And big and tall and strong

But soft and gentle and kind

It’s hard to talk
So hard to speak my mind
Sometimes
_________________________

Eiziges Damon weiss uber alles II
3 . SENSATIONALIST SENSITIVITY

Ooh, faux pas!
Bad!
A link, a dastardly chain letter
Along an injured
Broken telephone line
Shook my day today

Laissez faire! And living liberally
Inside me is swimming swirling
A lacking sucking feeding hungry
Little troubled girl, lonely in
A shiny world of clouds and
Hills green and blue and golden

There are special few she would have over
To visit and play
Talk and laugh
Sing and dance

She is coming out at last
With the reflection of her soul
To light the way

She will not get led too far astray
By lights so bright returned,
But lead a life her own way
And take delight in what they say

May she her heart mind
Not let her hurts prey on
Healing parts

No more final analyses
Except accepting acknowledgement
When the shit hits the fan
I’ve gone too far down:

Come back up and
Take a deep breath or two

____________________________

4. OH SO TERRIBLY ORGANIC

A brooding swig of something
Anything
Right now just to make it go away
Don’t remind me of the things I dreamt
Last night, it can’t be true
No, it can’t

So many stories of fears dissolved and
Conquered
I feel I am in hiding

Oh
We talk about ourselves out of
Some sense of,
Again, that sometimes,
(Alone and free, truly free)
A need to make a right

________________________

5. GIVE US A F*CKING BREAK 

The metallic taste of
Your hatred of ignorance
Still lies in my mouth
This morning.

I came to this Land
An Innocent
Yet I have witnessed the ignorance –
It makes men do cruel things
Put an other down as subhuman
One has fewer rights than another
And another is more equal than
His brother

But a hatred of this ignorance
Why
That’s the same thing that drove
The White Man with the bad spirit
To the free places
Encouraged them to help
As they called it
The dirty godless savages

We do not need your empires
But, thank you.
All your science has given us
Is new disease
And a hundred thousand boxes
With labels
For us to brand ourselves
And each other with

The magic has gone.

No, we don’t appreciate
Your liberal scientific
Commanding imperialism

So
AIDS originated
In Africa
Like all the other bad, dark things
Eh?
And you think it’s Good
Aiming to support the billions
On genetically modified food
Eh?
Give us a f*cking break
___________________________


6. YESTERDAY, TODAY & TOMORROW IN THE SAME ROOM


Well
You’ll be delighted to hear
I dropped the fight last night:
One whole agonising out-of-touch week
Of trying to prove myself,
Defending a planetary system
So long forgotten and brushed aside
By the billions of intelligent apes
Who came up with countless drafts of
Carefully selected words and phrases
To sound credible
And calculated.

Well
I proved, in that week,
That I was no better
Than any of those spin doctors
High up in the castles of
The Free
Who want
Us
To believe
They know
What is safe
For us
When they use
Our money and
Our energy
To buy the latest war
Toys,
They’ll blow their own heads off
So they certainly don’t need me
To do it for them

And

Well
As for our planet
Sometimes I imagine
You know
She don’t need our
Help
She takes care of herself
Casually and randomly wiping out
A silly city here
A silly city there
By fire or wind,
Water or earth

Woodstock, Cape Town
THE VERY THINGS WE DEPEND ON
FOR LIFE
CAN BE OUR EXECUTORS
IF WE DO NOT HONOUR
AND RESPECT THEM
FOR THE LIFE THEY GIVE

ALL WE “OWE” IS TO OURSELVES
TO WALK LIGHTLY WHERE WE GO
AND FEAR NOT LETTING GO




No comments:

Post a Comment