Pages

25 December 2011

Indigent Ours

unknown artist - Greenpoint, Cape Town

Testosterone littered highway partitions
Still the Brothers battle the Ego Brawl;
Oestrogen-stuffed supermarket products
Yet the Sisters struggle to rise once more;
Queues and queues of malnutrition,
Into their begging bowls we pour
Promises of One Day You'll Be Like Us,
One day you'll join us in the Halls
Of the Free, the Place of Plenty.
Five in a jeep, now, and one is unborn;
I’m in love with this gift of duality.
See the precious Porsches, Peugeots and
Rather large penis-shaped pick-ups drive by;
We show it all off in the modern fight to survive
Where now we all need a shiny flashy 
4 x 4 just to get to the mall.
It's a primeval game played endlessly
To try remember our long-lost Legacy,
Somehow find meaning in our Fall.
We're wont to prove our wealth, weight and worth
In a world turned to monstrous Materiality...
Just seems a pointless exercise
If you ask me -
A giant misdirection of energy.
What grand prize do we play for
Really?
To what are we ultimately in thrall?

All I wanted was a can of vengeance
To spray my message across the wall
But I trust my ancient intelligence, for
What use are anger, pain and confusion
Save to channel the sound of the Call:
There’s a 24 hour trance party here in heaven,
We’re alive, we’re all in this together,
Our magic will only synthesize and thrive
If we learn compassion, walk through the door
Of our mind’s eye to knowledge of Self,
See through the heart-rending Tragedy,
The chaotic distractions of the human tendency
Toward a perpetual War for Territory.
I’m realising now I’m visualising,
I’m inspired, I’m switched on,
I feel like dancing,
I’m feeling with all fours,
My imagination is my communication
So come, pray with me for the young one
Soon to come forth -
May she find this world a playground for her soul,
Awake to the mistakes 
Made by those who came before,
Face her fears, help change the future
For herself, first, for her people,
For the greater good of all



No comments:

Post a Comment